How Property Managers can modify Booking.com bookings?
Due to the unprecedented level of disruption caused by the current travel restrictions, there has been a large increase in the number of cancellation requests and date modification requests (from those both affected and non-affected by Forced Circumstances).
Managing these requests has imposed a large workload on our partners, and as a result, Booking.com has decided to temporarily introduce the ability for partners to carry out pre-stay date modifications themselves - without having to contact the Booking.com customer support team.
Booking.com hopes these efforts will help you to preserve reservations, help guests keep their bookings and make the date change process a much easier one for you to manage at this difficult time.
How does it work?
- If a guest contacts you to request to cancel or modify a booking, you will now have the option to process a date modification for them.
- To modify the dates of a booking log into the extranet, navigate to the reservation details page of the booking you want to modify and click the ’Change Reservation Dates’ option in the right-hand corner. Please note that if you have no availability set in your calendar for the future dates, we will automatically open up availability to cater for the date change.
- The guest will receive a confirmation email detailing the changes.
- The property will receive a modification, handled through NextPax.
What important details do I need to know?
Please take particular notice of the following details:
- Policy details for all modified reservations will remain the same. This means that when a reservation is pushed to the future, it may become refundable again and thus the Guest might decide to cancel completely.
- Unlike date modifications you make in-stay, for pre-stay modifications you will not be able to change the price or duration of the stay.
- Date modifications will be available on all reservations with the exception of reservations processed using Payments by Booking. This means the reservations marked “virtual credit card’ in your reservation list will not have this feature enabled.
Availability and eligibility
The functionality will be made available to all partners within the coming days. If the feature is available to you, you will see the ‘Change Reservation Dates’ option enabled on all eligible reservations. Log in to the extranet to get started.
Please use this feature as it is intended to help your guests change their dates when requested. If a guest receives a date modification that they didn’t request, this may result in the partner not being able to use the feature any longer.